Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Don't put whole fruit in my food

We all have our food issues. I have an aversion to certain textures. Such as I love peas, love them. But you put them in a pod and I won't touch them with a ten foot pole. They become all yours at that point, as I'm never so desperate as to actually shell them. I don't like the strings on the pods. The oddity? I have no issue with celery.

Another one is don't put whole fruit in my food. Don't put it in my yogurt, Popsicles, etc. (Basically those are the only two I could think of but I'm going to make you think the list is long. I love raisin bread.) Whole fruit in yogurt is just slimy and gross. It's like you want me to eat decaying fruit. Why don't you just puree the fruit? It would save us all the hassle (and by us I mean me). And the real reason this whole post is coming about is that I love fruit Popsicles. But apparently because even though I have 20/15 I am sometimes blind.


See up there where is says made with real fruit? Yeah, if I'd have seen that I wouldn't have bought them. I wouldn't have gotten excited and bought two packages. I would have turned away from the freezer case really disappointed because I love pineapple. I originally went to the store for lemonade Popsicles because they're my favorite. Obviously the store I went to didn't have them (also obviously I didn't go to my regular store) but I saw these and apparently my excitement made me gloss over the real fruit part. So imagine how grossed out I was when I had one that evening. I think putting fruit in a Popsicle is just trying to torture you (for some reason coconut is okay). I mean I'm eating this frozen treat and you want me to chew frozen fruit? That or what? Spit it out and let it get to room temperature so that I can eat it then? Cause that's attractive. Both are bad options in my opinion. If I'm going to eat whole fruit it's going to be a la carte, thank you very much.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh but they are sooooo good!!!