For the most part I was raised in Crazy. I grew up thinking Crazy was normal because it was my normal.
When I graduated high school and went on to college I only had to live in Crazy from time to time. And when I graduated from college I only made self appointed field trips to Crazy.
By the time I was 26 I knew what Crazy looked like but still couldn't stop the field trips because I had hope.
By the time I was 28 I was able to extricate myself from Crazy and pretty much never look back. This doesn't mean that I don't talk about Crazy and how f***ed up it is.
What it means is I figured out how to stop being torn to pieces by Crazy. I stopped letting Crazy rule my self worth and what I supposedly could contribute to the world and how good/bad of a person I am.
I will always miss Crazy but only because I will always wish it was Sane. It will never make me go back.
So I'm cutting the counterpart to Crazy out of my life and while this one is harder I can't live in Crazy again.
1 comment:
Sad yet so relatable. :(
Post a Comment