This is how it all went wrong.
So this morning I was planning on talking about my new shiny ball winder (I know it sounds so dirty but it's not) that I received in the mail last night and how I spent all last night winding all my yarn from skeins to balls (still sounds dirty). How this would give me such glee that I wouldn't have to spend so much time winding skeins into balls. And don't get me wrong it's awesome and it works correctly. That is until the crank handle fell apart. Don't worry Lee told me this might happen and he even sent me some 5 minute epoxy along in my package. (Dear lord will this ever stop sounding dirty?) I believe the metal bar is epoxy... I can't find any other use for it and it's just a random bit... Even this post is now not going as planned. I will have to ask Lee.
However this all started when I pulled a skein I wanted to test out to see how the ball winder worked. I was so excited as I untied it and then started to wind. And then the shit hit the fan (sorry no other way to say it that sounds right) because 3/4 of the skein was completely tangled. So I couldn't use the ball winder. And I had to spend the next hour and a half (yes you heard me right) sitting on the floor of my living room desperately wanting to go to bed but instead having to untangle this %$#@&!*!#%#@ skein of yarn. It was not pretty, I was cursing and this close to tears. I'm pretty sure I kinda scared my cats. Yes, I could have just left it and gone to bed but 450 yds of yarn and three unsupervised cats is just a really bad combo. This is why there was cursing and near crying involved, I had to see it through to the end.
But the real story is that none of this matters. It's all drivel because Japan had a major earthquake and people are trying to figure out where they'll get food and shelter, etc. And even though it's selfish I'm really glad Bryce isn't still teaching in Japan because I would be freaking out. But I worry for his friends and their families and I hope he knows the status of everyone over there that matters to him. And that is so much more important than a hopelessly tangled skein of yarn and a somewhat broken ball winder.
5 comments:
Thanks, sis. The earthquake and resulting tsunami seems to have mostly affected the north-eastern part of the country so it doesn't look as thought it has affected the area I lived in.
I'm glad you got your yarn sorted out! I love my Christmas hat. The weather is getting warmer so I don't think I'll have many more opportunities to wear it this year.
Yay! I'm so glad you like it. :) Love you Brycie.
Thank goodness Bryce isn't in Japan anymore. Even though it didn't seem to have affected the area he lived in, it's still scary to have personal connections with Japan at this time.
Err, how frustrating about your yarn. I would have totally stayed up late and finished it too...and been pissed the entire time!
Prayers and positive thoughts to those in Japan.
Also, I am sorry that I laughed at the dirtiness, I mean, um, the frustrating predicament, of your ball winder.
Lizzy don't be sorry for laughing. (That's supposed to be a good portion of this blog) :)
Post a Comment