Thursday, May 19, 2011

Some thoughts

This is basically just a mind dumping because I haven't had time to put anything together. Too busy and then just wanting to relax, besides obviously I would rather watch Biggest Loser and Glee than use my mind for thinking about what to type (also why do I have to have topics? I feel lame otherwise.) here.

My current boss at work has resigned and her replacement started yesterday. I had applied for the job but I really don't feel any resentment or bitterness. Honestly. They needed to hire who they felt was right for the job and that wasn't me. I've always felt that I have a job because the company has a need for a certain job to be done and they think I'm pretty stellar at what I currently do. Also? So far she's really cool and I like her a lot.

(Totally different topic now, because that's how my mind works)

When I got home yesterday Isaac had taken out the trash (love it) which kind of ended our nonverbal (non-hostile) stand off as to who was going to do it and who had the most skillz at getting just one more piece in before it over flowed (I'm a really good smoosher). However he never puts a liner in because apparently that's my specialty (which is true, he doesn't know how to get it just under the lip and slide it in the holder so it stays) yet fails to ask me and I only find out when my hands are full of garbage opening the lid to can sans liner. But I have to give him credit he cuts up whole chickens (much cheaper) and though he has showed me how many times I refuse to learn because it's what he's good at (I know I'm so sweet like that). Also that boy can cook a piece of meat to perfection and while mine is decent it's usually slightly over done and a little dry (that's what they created sauce for right?).

Credit where it's due, give some today. :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

so very happy to know another expert smoosher. it may be my only skill, but hey, i'll take what i can get. also, that liner tuck thing is a total TOTAL mystery to me. clearly, i contribute nothing to our household.

i'm happy (and relieved for you) that the new person is not a horrible person.

Sari said...

I can teach you how to tuck the liner, it's all in the fold. Can you tell I'm a type A personality? :)You contribute awesomeness and a ton of fun to your household, Harv can tuck the liner. ;)

I really appreciate all your comments on here Lizzy and I'm really glad that you started your blog. I'm so glad that I've made you as a friend.