Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Yesterday, oh and Monday too.

Well yesterday, again it's another night before post talking in the present when writing and not posting. Just keep in mind it's last night, well right now... well... damn it. You know what I mean. Right?

So our next door neighbors are currently building a garage with a mother in law over top and I just had to ask the contractor to go home. No seriously. I know it's only 8pm right now (and I really need to go to bed) but I get up at 4am and so my bed is calling and he was still $%@%#$ hammering away. I have just worked two ten hour days sans lunch (eating as I work, so. much. fun. someone slap me) and I can't even get peace and quiet at home to unwind. I was at a point of blowing a gasket.

I mean I know he has a job to do but this is where I come to zone out at the end of the day and being unable to really sucks. It helps that he was so willing to cooperate and leave. I just don't understand having to ask him to leave at 8pm. After all the neighbor's on the other side of me have three small children and I'm sure they were loving it. I'm surprised the dad didn't ask him to stop before me.

Okay off to bed. Maybe I'll have something witty or fun to add tomorrow.

Nope, still tonight.

Funny thought:
So you know when kids are really young you can write things down or spell them out loud and they have no idea what you're saying. I'm going to make funny t-shirts (I originally thought banners and running around the house with them laughing maniacally but then I realized it would be for my benefit only) with things like "Hey kids! Guess what? We're going to Disneyland!!!" on the front and then on the back "No, no, not really Mommy was only pulling your leg." So I can laugh to myself and then when they can actually read actually getting them with the joke. Although I'm sure I will then be pestered to go to Disneyland once they read the shirt.

2 comments:

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

Has it quieted down over there?! 8 pm is late. Period. Nobody should be drilling, hammering, yelling, or whatever over there past 6!! Yikes!

It iS FRIDAY! (almost) hope your weekend is a blissful one. without any pounding.

Sari said...

Yes. When I asked he was so very nice and accommodating and he's been really respectful. :)

Tomorrow is Friday but I have to work Saturday and so I'm looking forward to Sunday and perhaps brunch on Sunday. :)