Monday, May 16, 2011

What would you do?

No really. If you didn't have to work for money but you still had to work. Well I guess chose to work would be a more correct statement. Your bills are taken care of, money is in the bank and you even have time for fun. I think this is how we all should look at life but I realize that's rather idyllic.

We all (well most of us) have to work everyday and it's not at what our life's passion is because that's not currently paying the bills ( and sometimes nor will it ever). And while I like my current job it's not what I really want do. I like that I help people and that it's rather predictable (kind of a double edge sword) and I work with great people but I just feel inside that it's not enough.

What I really want to do is be a Physical Therapist for special needs babies and children. And while I love the comfort of routine I know at first I wouldn't have that but I would find it. And I would go back to school right now if I could but I so cannot afford it so it stays a wish.

But someday I will, even if it's a little further off than I like because I'm pretty sure I've loved babies since I was one. And my second favorite thing is helping people. Match the two together and whammo, I'm pretty sure I'd be in heaven (not to mention the pay isn't half bad either). Now I know, every job has it's pit falls and that this specific job I yearn after isn't quite as great as I think it would be but I still want it. So here's to hoping sooner than later.

What job wold you do if you could do anything?

2 comments:

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

No pressure since I know there are sometimes circumstances beyond our control that prevent us from doing so (I totally totally get this) but you should do what you love. And, the awesome part about doing what YOU love is that it A) helps people and makes a real difference and B) you can really make money from doing it. I mean, if you said I really want to pursue being a paint by number artist and sell it on the mean streets of Detroit, my comment would be different, but what you want to do is so amazing and pursuit-worthy. that being said, i want to add again, no pressure, because things may not be at that point right now.

This sounds so dumb, but aside from the education I want to pursue, I really like blogging. It's not for money and it's not for any higher purpose, but I really enjoy blogging and makng friends that way. i know this isn't what you really asked, but can we pretend that blogging for fun could be a real job?

Sari said...

How do you do that!?! I mean you guessed what my ACTUAL first choice for a job is because I can paint by numbers like a PRO. Although I was really hoping to try and sell my art on the mean streets of Camden, NJ. Because then you know you've got it made.

All joking aside I think you should totally pursue education but don't forget we learn everyday. I really started learning again by doing crossword puzzles. In fact I look forward to doing them every day because of what I'll uncover.