Wednesday, May 11, 2011

How I read.

From left to right. Duh. End of blog post.

Just kidding.

I have a degree in English but this however, does not make me any sort of authority on books. Like wine I read what I like. (And this is making me question how self centered this entire blog post is because I am going to make you listen, well you're choosing to listen, to what I like to read. But really isn't a blog entirely self centered anyway? Sorry, done with the tangent.)

I can't read too much adult literature (and I don't mean that adult literature) because so much of it starts out downhill and then continues to end that way. Or it starts out okay and then ends downhill. I can't stand stories that end depressing, heartbreakingly sad. I feel like life has enough heartbreak, tough decisions to make, and moral gray area that I can't read about it. If I have to live through the real world and all it's up and downs I don't need to escape to situations the same as my own or worse. Because I prefer to be happy and pass that happiness on. (I know my snarkiness really conveys that on here.)

So I read teen literature or sci fi. Teen literature at the very worst ends on a cliffhanger to be resolved in the next book or on an even keel. That I can take. If it's sci fi then it's not so bad because even if it ends down (mostly it ends like teen literature) it's not of this world and I can take that. I don't have to worry about that scenario happening to me or someone I know or even having the knowledge that that possibility has happened or will happen to someone.

So there. I'm currently reading the Dresden Files which ends just the way I like it. :)




Yes I fully admit I'm a dork and I added the pictures to give you something pretty to look at as a reward for reading my post.

No comments: