So I really want this:
But I totally think I could make it cheaper. Also while I love the idea I don't like that the birds are all the same size. My eyes kinda freak out because there's no depth and it would bug me to no end. So I want something like this. But more like this:
Or this:
Images from Dali Decals.
All that you'd have to do is make a semi-adhesive vinyl stencil (I think that would work) of either the outline of the birds or the birds themselves. Then stick the stencil on and stain the uncovered areas. I need to figure out how to make sure it wouldn't bleed into under the stencil. Then peel the stencil off and varnish. Way cheaper but a really great idea.
Yes, oh how I love whimsy.



3 comments:
Do you have a Cricut or a Cuttlebug? So handy for makng these cut-outs. I bought a Cricut for Harv for Father's Day one year. Only catch...he couldn't touch it and I had to keep it in my craft room. I know, so awesome.
I think my husband bought a cricut. I need to check. I totally forgot he bought one a while ago! :)
I have a die-cutting machine if Isaac doesn't have one. We could make this together!
I love Dali Decals. I've purchased from them before. They're great. I also bought other decals from a guy on Etsy and I kinda like his stuff a little better. It's a little stickier.
Post a Comment