Yay! I went to go visit my parents and it was fantastic. It was so nice to spend time with them and play with Scout! Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of Scout. I don't really know how I forgot that...
I helped Lori learn how to knit in the round, assemble and put her project board up in her sewing room, and create some quilting square projects. We all watched the KU game where they were beaten (ugh, next year), skyped with Carrie, Keith and Eamon, and spent time together in the evenings (Dad had to work during the day). Lori and I went to Ouray for a day (pronounced you-ray) and for the last day I was there we drove up through the Colorado National Monument for which the weather was perfect. Lori and I tried to make 3(!) angel food cakes, none of which turned out. I made one last night at home just to prove I still could (it worked out just fine, dang elevation).
And now I'm obsessed with knitting ballband dishcloths. Lori was showing me all the dishcloths she has knit and I've always wanted to make ballband ones, so we both started that. And by obsessed I really mean it. I bought enough to make at least 5 but maybe 6? They go really fast. Picture below I just pulled off flickr to give a representation of what they look like.






1 comment:
Yay for a relaxing vacation! Sometimes, you just need to get away, clear your head, eat some great food and have a couple of laughs with people who think you're funny and you think they're funny too.
Those are some cool dishtowels. And....it takes a lot for me to look twice or look closely at dishtowels!!
Post a Comment