Monday, April 25, 2011

If you don't like Roller Derby, I don't know you.

So this weekend we went down and visited Isaac's parents whom we hadn't seen in quite a while. We stayed with Grandma like always and Susie Grandma and I went and got pedicures. This is one of the things I love the most. Whenever I go down Susie always treats us to pedicures and I love a French pedicure.

And then? Then that night we went to Roller Derby. Which is so much fun. Isaac's brother is one of the announcers for the Portland Rose City Rollers league.


My hometown team (apparently are the Rat City Rollergirls, which I knew, thankyouverymuch) was visiting and we had the privileged of watching four bouts between the two leagues.


I love the names, the costumes and the fun of it all. And it was a great time. If I remember correctly each league won two bouts and so they matched off evenly. I rooted for the Portland league (we were on their turf and Isaac's brother is one of their announcers) and Isaac rooted for Rat City. I tried to keep him quiet as we were sitting in the Portland section. He of course (and why I love him) didn't listen. Thankfully we didn't get beaten up.

If you need a good introduction to Roller Derby I would suggest the movie Whip It. Loved that movie.

And then we came home and crashed. We did all the little mundane things yesterday, you know cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, etc. Tired today and my left hip hurts. Apparently I'm old.

No comments: