Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hodgepodge

I was opening a new box of kleenex this morning and noticed their slogan. It's totally making fun of people that have a desensitized sense of touch, in English and French. Way to go Kleenex.



Also, in the forefront a really poor flame. In the background a really good flame.



And lastly a poem I wrote a while ago that I really love. It's not so happy but I really like the imagery.


Our personal sorrows are shut up
Shut in
These broken gems
Rarely,
Pulled from pockets and coveted

These are other lives
Working their way through disintegration
Fragments of fire
Dimmed down during the coming of the day

You don’t need to see my
Crimson lined dreams
My stars pulled through nothingness
Leaving fingertips scarred in moonlight

We will play at happiness
Trying to pull sinews into alignment
With lightness
Sinking the dark stones
Ghosting to the timbers at our feet

The fastest cadence will never help
To blur past them
And we are afraid they are contained
Within our molded sorrows
Riveted to our hearts
so we are like
Sinking stones in ephemeral bodies


____________________________________________________________



No comments: