Monday, January 17, 2011

At the drop of a hat.

If you know me (and you all do) I love music, love, love, love it. But there is one song that has stuck with me over the years in the sense that I can sing it at the drop of a hat. I don't need any music or anything to remember all the words. It's not all that up lifting but I find it beautifully haunting. It's the Cowboy Junkies cover of Mining for Gold. I grew up listening to this album on cassette but for some reason I don't own it at all now in any digital form. It helps that it's a cappella and short and I'll be surprised if I ever forget it.

And I'm always curious, is there something you can do at the drop of hat and you know you'll always be able to?



And turkeys! Isaac and I found them roaming the streets this weekend.


No comments: