But anyway, that's not really what I want to talk about. What I really want to talk about is cameras. So a couple of years ago I got a really nice Canon S2si because I really like photography and I know some of the more advanced stuff. I'm not saying I'm a professional by any means though. While it's a great camera it's very bulky and not easy to carry around and quickly pull out for a shot. It's much more methodical than that, and usually by the time I have it ready the shot is already gone. This has frustrated me for a while but I didn't want to go to a point and shoot because they didn't have a lot of the features that the SLR's have. Well no more. I have finally upgraded to a Sony T700 (I got a good deal). Or is it downgraded because it's so much smaller? I haven't gotten it yet and yes I love it for it's aesthetic. But I can do pretty much everything that my SLR does on this one too. Which just amazes me. The only down side is that it only has 8x zoom (I have 12x with the canon) but I move up to 10mpx from 8mpx. Not a big deal in my book.
I started to consider sony's point and shoot camera about a year ago when I saw my little sister's and step mom's and I saw the relative ease with which they used theirs. It made me jealous, after all what good is a camera if you can't take the shots you want? But I am jealous no more (well I won't be when it gets here). I hope everyone had a great holiday. Mine was good except for being snowbound. Snow is lovely except when it hinders you from going places.
Canon S2is

Sony T700
No comments:
Post a Comment