Monday, January 19, 2009

Misfortune or Fortunate?

So this weekend we headed south. Isaac and I were supposed to see Lindsay and Shandon because when we saw them around Christmas we really didn't get to see them for very long. Pretty much to open presents, a quick lunch and half a cup of coffee before we had to head north again. I was really happy to see them on Saturday because we were going to have so much more time to spend with them. I could kind of tell it was coming though. She texted me the night before to say they were having pictures with Shandon's family so they wouldn't be able to see us until 3p.m. so we planned our schedule around that. Well we were getting close and she called me to say that they missed pictures due to bad traffic and when would we be able to see them. I told her around 3p.m. when we had agreed because we still had stuff we had to do first. I think she was kind of put off by that because she at that point started to say that she was tired. I told her to go take a nap because we wouldn't be there for another hour and half and she said that she would try. I then got a text around 2:30p.m. saying she was too tired and had too much homework and that it wasn't going to work out. This frustrated me because I feel like I put myself out there for her. I do have to say in her defense that she has been a lot better lately and I think she has a hard time letting people down. I totally understand that and I know I also have issues of being hurt because there have been so many times she has dropped me like a hot potato for her friends and I don't think that's the case now. Whatevs.

So Isaac and I were close to the beach and decided to make a day out of it. It was a gorgeous day (as evinced by the pictures below) so we walked the beach and had dinner at a restaurant where we know the chef. It was a lovely day over all.




No comments: