So last December I bought plane tickets to visit the folks back in Kansas, for a fair price I might add. I based the dates to go on Isaac's schedule and all was good to go... Or, so I thought. I guess it just goes to prove to me that when you think something is going to be easy it never turns out that way.
So anyway, my Dad earlier this year decided that he wanted to move to Colorado where he wants to retire. Even though he's not retiring yet. So the tickets were moved to Colorado, no big deal. Then Isaac received offers in the mail from cooking schools in the area to come interview for teaching positions. He was burned out from work and it's been a dream of his to be a chef instructor for a long time and hopefully we'll end up in New York so Isaac can teach at the CIA. That wouldn't be for a while yet, but knock on wood. So now his schedule has changed and he doesn't get vacation like the rest of us. He only gets paid for the breaks that the school takes (spring, summer, thanksgiving, and winter). So now the problem is changing the dates. Well, school breaks are the most expensive times to fly, so now the tickets that were bought rather cheaply are now expensive tickets and if I have to change them one more time I might as well have tried to purchase a trip to Europe in the first place.
One solution was to have Lindsay my sister go with me. She was excited to go and it was the cheapest ticket change available to us. However I'm sure you can surmise from the tone of this post that that option didn't work out either. Lindsay was sad and so was I. And I feel like I'm back at square one. The tickets are for next month and I don't know what to do. I can go by myself and take the other ticket and change it to visit Carrie and Keith in the spring. (Carrie if you're reading this let me know when is good for you) Or I can buck up (hahaha no pun intended) and change the tickets AGAIN.
Whomever reads this let me know your opinion. I don't know what to do. Isaac and I regardless are going to drive out there to visit during his spring break. Dad, I'm calling you today to let you know this. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment