When Isaac set up the date and time for us to play he had asked if Mary would come play too so she could help me. We assumed (and you all know what assuming does) that Mary would be as good as Tom, we were sadly mistaken. Mary was about as good as I am normally, which is okay (lets say six shots on a par three hole) but she's been playing for over 4 years. Tom was great though. He is a very enthusiastic person and really helped me figure out how to shoot. I wasn't lining up correctly at all (standing straight and I needed to be completely parallel) and my grip was too loose. He really helped me with my nervousness (I always want to be perfect on my first try) and was very encouraging. Mary was very sweet and fun to talk to. I also think it helped me lose some of my anxiety to have another girl there. Tom also helped Isaac but Jason helped him more and would jump in to help Isaac when he wasn't doing it right, which I thought was very sweet.
Needless to say my game improved A LOT and I really had a lot of fun. Oh another interesting moment was when we were at a tee, Jason walked a few feet away into the trees with his back to us and I am pretty sure he was peeing but I didn't ask. I don't really want to know. It took us three hours to do all eighteen holes which isn't too bad with a group of five people. Mary was bitten pretty badly by an insect on the last hole but luckily she had some benadryl with her. Aaannd I'm pretty sure when we got back to our cars Jason and Tom went back to Jason's house to smoke the hashesh, if you know what I mean. All in all an interesting couple of hours.
This weekend I also made pesto and froze it for the coming year which I do every fall. I was going to make an angel food cake last night but Isaac used some of the eggs so I didn't have enough. Maybe I'll make one tonight.
Isaac told me that because of when my birthday falls I should go ahead and get my birthday present now. I teased him that he was trying to deprive me of my birthday. But anyway I got my birthday present and here's what it looks like but the one I'm getting is purple, it's my favorite color.
No comments:
Post a Comment