Okay so normally I don't mind Monday's but today is a little different. So this weekend a co-worker of mine (Noop's) gradmother died, quite suddenly I might add. Noop and I work quite closely and I am very sad for his loss. His aunt called him on Friday and said that it was nothing to worry about and the next thing you know his grandmother had passed away. So I knew that coming in today I was going to have to work his shift which is fine because it gives me over time. The part that I don't like (yes this is selfish of me) is that Isaac and I were planning on leaving early (like noon) on Friday for a little trip south and Noop's grandmother's funeral is on Friday. So I have to work late (like five). I don't mind working at all for Noop, I know how I would feel if it was me. My let down is that Friday is Halloween and Isaac is gung-ho on handing out candy to little kids. His previous jobs never gave him holiday's off and his new job specifically gives holidays off. So needless to say he's super excited and has wanted to do this for years. And now I have to tell him that he possibly can't because (oh the irony) now I have to work late. Hopefully the weekend girl can cover but she has class so it's not guaranteed.
Not to mention a lot happened over the weekend at work that I had to sort through this morning so I didn't really get a breather until late afternoon at work. The good part is that it makes time fly. The bad part is that it makes me kind of stressed. So my therapy today (aka weakness) was that I bought a pair of really cute Keen shoes. That made me feel a lot better. Oh I also really improved my disc golf scores this weekend so I am stoked to see that. It's really nice to have the encouragement of our friends who we play with.
1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear that you have to work late on friday. :( I know how much fun it is to pass out candy so hopefully you'll be able to work something out.
Adorable shoes!! I may have to get a pair.
Post a Comment