Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Preparation

So yesterday morning's Thundersnow was quite a shocker and scared my cats to death. I made it into work but left about three hours after I got there yesterday since it wouldn't stop snowing. All in all we had about 10 inches where I work and probably the same at my house (they're not that far apart).

But boys and girls that's not what I want to talk about today. No today I want to talk about jackets. As I was getting ready to leave yesterday I was perusing my jackets to see what would be suitable for this extremely cold weather. My Northface Denali was in my car and even in that I still get cold. So I found this really old and three sizes too big down puffer jacket. I have had this since high school and have I believe beaten the crap out of it. So I was talking to Carrie yesterday and she was telling me about her new puffer jacket (hers is purple and I'm jealous). So I started looking around but at this point they've been on sale (50% off) for a little while and supplies are running low. I luckily found one near me and they agreed to hold it until Saturday. I did not get purple but black which is another color for jackets I'm partial to. I actually went and got it yesterday when the snow really calmed down. I felt kind of bad because I had left work early due to snow but by 1-2 the highways were very drivable. Although (I'm reasoning with myself) I don't get paid for any missed time at work and who knew that the roads would be passable, right? However, I found out the coolest thing last night about my new jacket (thank you birthday money) when Isaac and I were taking a walk, it has thumb holes in the cuff so I can pull it part way over my hands. And as my friend Chris would say "Love it!"

No comments: