Sunday, July 27, 2008

Enumclaw

So this weekend Isaac and I were in Enumclaw (pronounced e-numb-claw) doing a "show". No one really ever knows what I mean when I say that so I thought I would post on here about it so people get a better picture of what it is we do. Isaac decides through the year what shows he wants to do and then we go through the whole rigamarole of getting everything ready, setting it up and working. I like doing a show but it takes a lot out of us because we also both have full time jobs. It takes about a week before hand to get everything ready in the evenings and even then we don't always take everything we would like to.
Then we go to the show and we have to be there early to start setting up by 7am to be ready by 8am. Then there usually is a lag time of about an hour. All of this is prefaced by getting up at 5am to be ready to leave by 6am because we usually do shows that are about an hour away from us. I have mixed feelings about the lag time because it does help us if we have things we need to get done but at the same time we've been up since 5am and the street fairs are usually open anywhere from 8-10 hours. You have to be at your booth the whole time, well at least one of you. And then there is the breaking down and going home and unpacking. We just got done with two days of this. Not that I'm complaining but after two 16 hour days of being "on" I'm rather tired. Street fairs are a lot of fun and getting to see a lot of the small towns in Washington is really cool. I really like to see all the people that know each other as they meet on the street, it goes on all day long and it's really cute. It makes me want to live in a small town.

No comments: