Bigger, Better, Faster, More... Isn't that the motto we are raised with?
I have to say that I have been having a tough time (mentally) lately. I know I have a good job and Isaac does too but I still feel like I'm falling short. I know I have a lot and I know that I am blessed. But... Then I look around at some of my friends and I see that they have houses and better jobs, etc. I currently struggle and I know I'll always struggle with materialism. It's all around me, especially where I live and I feel like I'm always trying to catch up. But I also need to be better at realizing that I don't need to be a part of the race. To stop myself and slow down and see all this stuff for what it is, stuff.
I think a part of it is too that I need to accept and fully realize my potential. I need to be my own advertiser. After all if no one else believes in me who will. I have to say that where I currently work is really helping me on this front, and I know on my own I've come a lot farther than where I was a few years ago. But I know that what I currently do (even though I like it a lot) is not what I am going to do for the rest of my life. I also feel like I should have gotten to where I need to be (aka where I want to end up) sooner. I know that life is a journey and I'm making my own path and nothing is right or wrong. And I know it's ridiculous that I feel like I have to have everything figured out and to have it all now. My mother would call this my need for instant gratification but I know it's not. It's more that I want to feel like I have accomplished what I need to and to feel like I fit in with my peers.
On another note, I'm thinking of growing my hair back out and since it's naturally curly to make a vow to myself to keep it that way everyday. Any thoughts?
1 comment:
You're not alone on this internal struggle. I think everyone can relate. Just recently I realized that I had to stop comparing myself (and my child) to others. When I do that I either become disappointed or I get a big head and neither is healthy. I think it's the same as what you called "the race". Just be you.
I think you should wear your hair curly on some days and straight on others. Let it flow with your mood on that particular day. :)
I love you!
Post a Comment