Wednesday, June 4, 2008

thoughts and (small) freak outs

So I got my first gray hair today, and apparently I am finding it a little traumatic. I guess that ties me more to my family name but I thought I would at least be in my late 30's early 40's before it happened. As soon as I spotted it I yanked it out later to have some coworkers tell me that all that's going to do is make more sprout. (They're also the ones that told me a bird crapping on me was good luck.) Great, exactly what I wanted but I don't think it's true. So either I'm living in denial or I'm right, only time will tell.

I have to say that while I like the wii fit I'm a little disappointed. I have to say that my "workouts" with it are pretty easy and I work way harder at the gym. I guess I didn't realize how out of shape America is since I keep reading all these reviews from people saying that they got a great work out when I barely break a sweat. I also don't like that it puts me right on the border between overweight and obese when I'm about as far from that as possible and then it goes and makes my mii fat. I'm trying to get over it...

Some random things I've noticed lately are that our safe at work smells like my dad's house so I find it oddly comforting whenever I get in there, and this morning I heard the Wood Brothers being played at my local coffee shop. It took me a moment to realize who they were playing because they're not very well known and I didn't think I would ever hear then being played somewhere commercial like that. Thanks Mel for introducing me to them.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's so cool that you heard the Wood Brothers on the radio! Did you know there latest album relased on April 1? It's really good. It's a slightly different sound then their first album but we really like it. :)
-Mel