Friday, June 10, 2011

Grand Mama Elizabeth

So when I was little my parents divorced (completely for the better) and both remarried. My stepdad's parents also divorced when he was in high school and so my step grandfather remarried a woman by the name of Elizabeth. We were not allowed to call her Grandma (she was younger than my mom so I can see why, this also irritated my mom. That she was younger I mean) we could only call her Elizabeth. And she was British (although I don't know how long she actually lived in Britain), she loved telling us this and over doing her accent. Along with not being able to call her Grandma she renamed my sister Lindsay, calling her instead Leslie because Lindsay was not a British name. True story. That annoyed both Lindsay and I to no end.

But the bright side was that she had horses, Morgan horses to be exact (at first I actually thought the names of the horses were Morgan so I was rather confused. I was quickly corrected in my thinking) and whenever we would visit she allowed us to ride them. That and she along with my step grandfather (who I was allowed to call grandfather) would always take us to the beach and we would get ice cream afterwards.

With that said I'm really super excited today because tomorrow morning I am picking my sister Carrie up from the airport and I get to spend tomorrow and half of Sunday with her before dropping her off to attend the conference she'll be in town for.

I'm looking forward to this:


Well, minus Keith (Miss you man, and the Monkey but you guys get to go see family this weekend too which is awesome. :) ) And to give credit, Kendall (Keith's mom) took this picture last year on their yearly family vacation.

No comments: