Or even a few seconds I guess. Last night I was driving home as normal and the lane I was in had slowed to a stop in front of me. So I slowed too and was almost at a complete stop, the car behind me was proceeding the same way because I was looking at in my rear view mirror. Then all of a sudden behind that I saw smoke and the next thing I knew I was being spun in a 360. I guess two cars behind me the guy only saw the person in front breaking hard and his two options he told me were to jump in the HOV lane or hit the person in front of him. So he jumped in the HOV lane barely missing another car and scaring the bejeezus out of them and at that point this person is so out of control of their car that they actually slam into me and we start turning in a 360. After talking to the state patrol that arrived on scene I now believe that I was struck by another car that did not stay on scene. I say this because the back rear passenger trunk side window is smashed out and the metal beneath the window is sheared through. The driver of the other vehicle hit me in the driver rear side and then by spinning the front driver side too. And guys, my car won't start, and I'm pretty sure it's totaled, if it's not I think it would be a miracle. The firemen when they arrived on scene tried to drive it over to the shoulder but had to end up pushing it. The person that hit me they ended up driving their car over to the shoulder. The good thing is I'm not really hurt just a little sore some bruising and some welts.
There's a lot of silver lining here. No one was seriously injured, and their were first responders (that weren't even our first responders) in traffic behind us so we had a lot of help before anyone that was called to the scene even came on scene. I was close to home so Isaac was able to come get me. Probably the funniest part is that currently when you turn my wheel the horn honks all on its own and I do believe the windshield wipers start going, which means the steering column is probably pretty messed up. My rear drivers side tire looked tilted (not a good sign) and my gas tank was smashed in. Not to mention how smashed in the front drivers side is.
So if the car isn't totaled then they will repair it and if it is I have GAP insurance and I can go get a new car at this point it's just a wait and see. Wish me luck and whomever was stuck in traffic yesterday because of the accident, sorry you had to sit in traffic, I know how much it can suck.
No comments:
Post a Comment