Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Beginnings

So supposedly 10.10.10 signals a new beginning, I just wonder if mine took a few extra days to kick in. Because people, things are (hopefully) starting to look up. The insurance company of the guy who hit me finally yesterday afternoon took responsibility. Yay! But man has there been cat drama.
I know that Isaac and I have had a lot of stressful things lately and I know that the cats have picked up on our stress which makes them stressed and I know we have had shorter fuses. Not anything too bad but we can't handle as much complaining from the cats (read Finn). So Luna has been peeing on a towel I keep in the hallway for her and she has pooped twice on the bathmat. This is on top of peeing on the pillows on the love seat (we rarely use it) that's in the kitchen and rare usage apparently makes it fair game. On top of my stress this has been super annoying because it's just adding to the list of crap I have to do on a daily basis. Well, I caught Finn peeing on a pillow and I didn't know Luna was doing the other stuff because when she's stressed she doesn't really show it, because she doesn't do the behavior in front of you. So Finn has had some behavior modification and we were, this close, to finding him a new home but Isaac didn't have time. Which I guess is good because Finn has gotten a lot better. But now I think Luna will be the one going to a new good home. She had a rough babyhood, being born feral and having her ear clipped by animal control has made her really high stress really easy. And she hasn't stopped peeing on things so yesterday morning I tried to corral her into the downstairs bathroom and it didn't go so well. She was already stressed out and she freaked. She gouged me pretty well in a few places, freaked out Finn and Liam but I finally got her in the bathroom, so I'm hoping at least a few days in there will calm her down and then (I feel really bad saying this) we can relocate her. I can't correct her behavior because she sees it as I'm being like animal control when they grabbed her and clipped her ear.
Normally I get an instance of peeing on the pillows (only one of pillow) once every few months. Part of me is saying ride it out but it also feels like I can't break out of the cycle of the stress because so much is still unknown and the cats feel it and act out upping my stress. I don't know what to do. Because I also know that keeping Luna secluded causes some stress on both sides for the cats. Finn and Liam want to know what's going on in her room and vice versa, but I know letting her out into the house will totally increase her anxiety because there is so much space and she doesn't know what to expect around each corner, even though nothing has changed.
Not to mention that I worked a market for Isaac on Sunday and came home to Finn with a fishing hook in his lip (hello surprise vet surgery bill) which I'm sure added to the stress level on Sunday. I also found that Isaac's canopy window was pushed out in once place which was not by anyone breaking in. It would be too hard of a place to try. So I had to take off work early yesterday to get it fixed, it was an easy fix but just something else to add to my list of crap to do.
I'm curious as to what they say the state of my car is. I believe it's totaled but we'll see. I just know what the damage that I can see it and it's seems pretty major.
Please send your good thoughts my way! And pray that things calm down! :)

No comments: