Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Burn

I am smart I am. ;) Monday night I was making dinner for myself. I was making egg salad so I was boiling eggs on the stove. When they were done cooking I grabbed a towel and took them off turned off the burner and poured the boiling water out in the sink. Well that's what I tried to do. When I turned to pour the water out there was a sheet pan flat on top of our pots and pans that were set by the sink to dry. I normally make the arc from the stove to the sink just fine as I don't normally get burned. Well Monday I hit the pan and boiling water went all over the back of my left hand, my inner wrist and lower arm. Not to mention my feet which were bare at the time. Luckily it didn't burn my feet it just hurt for a second but it burned my hand, wrist and arm. Not terribly badly as there is no blistering but badly enough that I have to take lukewarm showers and make sure that when ever water touches my left hand it's cool.
The thing that sucks is that it's my left hand. I mean come on I use my left hand constantly every day but you always burn your dominant hand for that reason, right? Oh well, what can I say I'm a klutz. :)

1 comment:

jcm said...

Did you take pictures?
;-)