
So I've fallen in love with Trader Joe's freeze dried fruit. I was looking for an alternative to fresh fruit because lately I've gotten a lot that is over ripe. So I'd toss the over ripe fruit and have nothing to replace it. That meant fewer calories for me and therefore I was hungrier by the end of the day.
I remember the freeze dried ice cream and such from when I was a kid. It was always so fun to eat it because it was something out of the ordinary. I think that's part of my affinity for it. I also watched a show on the Food Network lately that showed how freeze dried food was made. It helped me understand that there was nothing fake about the food that was freeze dried and made me more willing to eat more of it. I'm still supporting my local farmers markets but now I always have a guarantee of fruit every day no matter what.
It's really cool though because Trader Joe's doesn't just do blueberries, bananas and strawberries. They also do mangoes, rambutan, and mangosteens. I'm excited to try the mangosteens as they are supposed to be citrusy and peachy all at the same time.
2 comments:
I love astronaut ice cream!
Freeze dried mangoes = candy
Post a Comment