Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Air Conditioning

Okay yes I know two posts in one day. I normally try to pace myself to one a day but this is BIG. We're getting a portable air conditioner! I know we'll only use it like three days a year and we'll hole up in our bedroom but seriously we need relief in our house. I'm not complaining! Where we live is gorgeous and we're very lucky but the place circulates air like a vault. I'm kinda dreading going home today as I know our living room will be in the 90's as it's supposed to be 98 today and our living room was 82 when I left this morning. It came down from 85 last night. Three flippin' degrees.
My only concern about the AC is that Isaac will try to talk me into running it year round. For example I see the conversation going like this in December:"come on baby, you can wear four sweaters and six pairs of socks to bed, you'll be fine". I mean the boy already wants a window open and AT LEAST one fan on even when it's snowing out. I limit him to the fan.
We were calling around last night, but we knew everyone would be sold out. Then I had the brilliant idea of why don't we order it online? Let's go through Amazon. So Isaac got on this morning and ordered it and paid for over night shipping so it will be here tomorrow! So exciting!

1 comment:

jcm said...

I'd like to bring something to your attention. If you are told "you can wear four sweaters and six pairs of socks to bed," this will by virtue of necessity increase your yarn allowance/budget.