Sunday, March 8, 2009

Knees

So apparently my knees have been screwed up for a while. I know that I mentioned the bruising on the front of my knees the last time I talked about my knees. I have, however, screwed up the deep muscle tissue around my knees and it's going to take around 4-6 months until I am at least semi-normal (I can hear you all laughing and asking if I was ever normal) and for most of the pain to go away. Before when I sat on the couch it was by choice now it's necessity. I can walk farther this week than last week (I'm pretty sure this is going to continue to increase) but I still get pain and some days are better than others. I just can't get cocky on my good days and think I'm already back to normal. I went to the gym yesterday (yay!) but wasn't really able to do much else all day. It feels pretty lame so I just need to keep the big picture in mind. I found a really great website for a discount on running shoes. The website is called Running Warehouse and they also give really good tips on how to choose shoes. It was a really good learning experience for me. I always just bought shoes that were cute but now I know they build them certain ways for a reason. You can send them a video of your running (they tell you how to make the video) and they will be able to tell you what shoes are best for you if you don't know. I think that's pretty cool.

No comments: