I'm pretty sure I need to start this story off with saying I have a twin (it's kind of integral to the story). Also we grew up with a lot of sibling rivalry.
I don't remember why or how the thought popped in my head but I thought it would be funny to trick her (I couldn't have been more than 6, 7 at most). So on the spot I came up with a BRILLIANT plan. (I made her believe that everyone on earth did this. hehe) I told her that the real way people talked was that after they said something out loud they said it really fast again but under their breath (basically mouthing it to themselves). At first she thought I was pulling her leg because she didn't see adults doing that but I came with some brilliant reasoning. I told her that she never saw adults doing it because they had been doing it for so long that they did it so fast no one noticed. She believed me after that and she quickly got in the habit. I totally forgot about it but from time to time I would see her do it and remember and laugh to myself. I never corrected her. In fact I so fleetingly remembered she did this whole repeating under her breath back to herself until high school when someone else noticed and told her that it wasn't so.
True story.
I have to say in my defense that I didn't really think she would believe me so wholly and do it for so long. Also I rarely remembered that she did it I was so used to it.
Again, another reason I'm going to hell.
3 comments:
Hey, if coming up with a brilliant plan and getting a good laugh means that you're going to hell.....then, I see you there. xo.
At least I know hell will be fun? ;)
Love, Love, Love this!! Josh does too!
Post a Comment