Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The No Good, Very Bad Day

So yesterday sucked. Not that there was anything catastrophic that happened just a lot of little obstacles that made my day much more difficult and they added up. (I'm writing this last night and therefore phrasing it in the past tense. Make sense? Moving on.) But we're not going to dwell on it because I already had a melt down last night at the grocery store and while getting gas. I called my mother in law (she said that it wasn't a meltdown) to help make it through. God, I love that woman.

So we're focusing on the good. Like this:



Which arrived yesterday (still talking in the past tense and it's still weird) on my front porch and made me a very happy girl. I've loved the smell and taste of watermelon jolly ranchers since I was a wee thing. And this is exactly like it.


And this:






Which is a dish I love and when I give myself into the process, cooking is relaxing. Whenever I buy scallops Isaac knows exactly what I'm going to make. :) So looking forward to lunch today.


And these:




Which helps me through on quiet days and rough evenings sometimes. And I have to confess that I finally made an honest woman of myself and bought them last night and stopped listening to her just on grooveshark. I don't know why I'm drawn to Christian music to lift me up but sometimes I am. I'm definitely spiritual and while I lean on Christianity because that's how I was raised I don't have any affiliations. But let me shatter your illusions because sometimes it's Britney Spears or Katy Perry that does the trick, but who's counting?

No comments: