Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Evening Driving
So lately (well the past five weeks) I've had a lot of solo time. Now I'm all for having time to oneself, I really enjoy it actually but the past few weeks it's been a little much. Isaac has been working until 6pm at his teaching job and then having to go work on his honey business that he runs independently. He has an seperate space to do this in that isn't at our house. I am very proud of him and that he has been able to be so successful at it and that he has the dedication and perseverance to build it to where it is today. It however, also means that he isn't getting home until midnight. This is compounded by the fact that he sells honey at farmers markets on the weekends (both days). So while working out, knitting, watching tv and cooking/baking is a lot of fun, I'm going stir crazy. This means I travel on the weekends, whether it's day trips or visiting family and friends. But I've also taken to driving in the evening. We don't live very far from the countryside and it's really pretty during dusk. There's a loop (well triangle) that I drive a lot from Redmond to Carnation to Fall City and back to Redmond. I haven't driven out there much this year but it's a place I love to go and it takes up about an hour of my evening and makes me feel like I'm doing something. I do have a couple friends that I can hang out in the evenings with and I do but I still have plenty of evenings left over, so this has been my solution. Luckily Isaac only has one more week of working until 6 and then he's back to getting off at 1pm which means he's home when I get home from the gym. Below are some pictures of places I drive by in the evenings. Enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment