Now on to the rational part. I know that it's expensive but I'm taking it as my Birthday/Christmas present. I realized that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's the first one they are doing and it hasn't been established that they will do more (I strongly suspect they will). I know all the types of stitching required I just need to brush up on my abbreviations and how to do them all (I do know some). I also get to learn how to dye yarn and I get to dye my own and take it home. Seriously. Christmas.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Christmas moved and no one told me.
So yesterday I was reading Yarn Harlot (aka Stephanie Pearl-McPhee). I am currently reading her archives because I always need something to do in the evenings and I alternate between games and reading people's blogs. I however, am also reading her current blog entries when she posts. Well yesterday I was covering the front desk's lunch break like I always do (it's a small private company and it's totally okay that I do this) and I checked her blog to see if she'd posted. She had and this is what she had posted. I have been wanting to take classes and I had especially been wanting to take a class by Stephanie. So when she posted that she and Tina Newton (of Blue Moon Fiber Arts!!) were going to hold a weekend of teaching classes I was extremely excited. I was even more excited that it was being held a stone's throw from where I currently live. They were only offering 40 spots and I knew that if I wanted to take these classes that I would have to act quickly. I was lucky that I read Stephanie's post soon after she posted it but I knew that they would be inundated with requests to attend. I thought I would take a shot at it and see what would happen. The front desk computer is a dinosaur and yesterday it was EXTREMELY slow. I was practically crawling out of my skin (the thing took about 3 minutes for me to open my e-mail) when I was finally able to shoot off an e-mail. I was so nervous and excited at the chance that I completely forgot to give them my name, address and phone number, like they had asked. I remembered an hour later and sent another one with all the info in the e-mail. I waited on pins and needles all day yesterday checking my e-mail and phone but nothing. I didn't get anything and by this morning I didn't think that I was in because they had posted around noon yesterday and I was sure that they had e-mailed everyone yesterday. So this morning when I got an e-mail from TIna Newton(!) saying oh so nonchalantly that if I still wanted a spot it was mine. I was silently pleased (I started jumping up and down and squealing in my office, hey it was early and I was the only one there) and went on with my day. Tina obviously hadn't seen my second e-mail as she asked me to e-mail her back with the information I had (stupidly) forgotten the day before or I could call her. I could call Tina Newton!?! So I called her on my break and gave her my info. By this point the stupidity of my first e-mail was funny. Tina thought so too and we laughed about it (total out of body experience). I am still beside myself with happiness, when I got the reply e-mail first thing this morning (you remember I acted calmly and rationally right?) I literally felt like it was Christmas morning and I was a little child again. It was fantastic.
Now on to the rational part. I know that it's expensive but I'm taking it as my Birthday/Christmas present. I realized that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's the first one they are doing and it hasn't been established that they will do more (I strongly suspect they will). I know all the types of stitching required I just need to brush up on my abbreviations and how to do them all (I do know some). I also get to learn how to dye yarn and I get to dye my own and take it home. Seriously. Christmas.
Now on to the rational part. I know that it's expensive but I'm taking it as my Birthday/Christmas present. I realized that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's the first one they are doing and it hasn't been established that they will do more (I strongly suspect they will). I know all the types of stitching required I just need to brush up on my abbreviations and how to do them all (I do know some). I also get to learn how to dye yarn and I get to dye my own and take it home. Seriously. Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment