So remember when I was freaked out that my downstairs bathroom had no lights? Yeah, apparently it was just a burned out circuit breaker. You have no idea how much better it made me feel to find that out. I figured it out when Isaac told me that the outlets in the front hall weren't working either. And I tried to turn on half the lights in the basement and they didn't work. There's no way all of those circuits just randomly burned out on their own.
So I (smartly) took a picture of the circuit breaker and the panel and then we set off for Lowe's. We knew over all what we needed and so we set out looking for it. We found the aisle that held the circuit breakers (after being steered to the wrong aisle, that should have been my first clue) and found what we believed to be the right circuit breaker. We then asked an employee of Lowe's who was in the aisle if what we had was right. The circuit breaker (okay the word circuit is starting to look like biscuit, maybe I'm just hungry) we thought was right was around $4. The circuit breaker that the employee tried to steer us towards was around $40. There was another guy in the aisle that the employee deemed "must be an electrician" and so he then asked him to weigh in on our purchase. And the "electrician" agreed with us, yay!
So we got home, found a good youtube video (what would we do without the internet?) that made us pros on the subject. Also apparently the guy doing this video is in someone else's home. That's kinda weird to me, is he charging them for making his own youtube video? I know, but it's where my mind goes. Anywho, so we changed the circuit breaker and voila, let there be light!
You too can have this amazing experience by burning out a circuit breaker, taking a week to realize that's what it is, almost being sold the wrong item but quickly correcting to the right one, and struggling with the circuit breaker panel with your husband, all for the low low price of $4 and half of your patience.
Happy Monday all.
2 comments:
Happy Monday indeed! Girl, you just saved 34 dollars. That's like, 17 boxes of peeps. Score!!
Haha! I will raise you the cadbury eggs.
Post a Comment