Okay, I'll fess up to it, I liked the show when it began but somewhere in the middle of last season my bs meter started going off. This show at times is rather unbelievable and maybe it's how teenagers are these days but I was never like these teenagers. Please let me know if I am/was delusional about this.
The sad part (from my point of view) is that Isaac still watches the show, faithfully. I say this not as a jab to Isaac but because watching this show currently makes me want to poke my eye out with a sharp stick. Okay, maybe that's slightly over exaggerating it, at the very least I devolve to making snide comments loudly to the tv. And Isaac asking me politely to stop or find something else to do (I go find something else to do). I'm glad Isaac doesn't take me doing this personally and I'm glad he still likes the show.
Two recent examples I have are these:
Example 1: Jack finally tells Madison he loves her and she assumes he has a gift to give her because he has said this. She then breaks into a monologue about it citing that she needs a gift for evidence. You know, because she needs to have something to show her friends to prove this moment. I don't know anyone who was this kind of teenager, please let me know if you know one it would help me make sense of this.
Example 2: Adrienne leaving her cell phone at home when she runs away and her father uses it to call all her friends to see if they know where she's at. EVERY TIME he calls one of her friends they have no idea who is calling them and it has to be set up in the dialog who is who. It then gets worse, even though he has told ALL OF THEM that she left her cell phone at home and he is calling them on it THEY ALL CALL HER CELL PHONE. It is then set up in the dialog that they were calling Adrienne's cell phone to see if they could find out where she was at and everyone has to reintroduce themselves again to each other because again, everyone is confused as to who is on the other end of the line. Either this girl doesn't have anyone stored in her phone book or everyone is illiterate. I think the latter would make a lot of sense for this show. Seriously!?!? I had to leave at this point (obviously) it was too big a break from reality for me.
I originally was interested in and watched this show because Molly Ringwald is in it and I was really excited to see her in something again after all these years. No more my friends, no more.
No comments:
Post a Comment