Monday, January 25, 2010

Music

Perhaps one of my favorite things are solo Sunday morning drives with really good music, even if it's just running errands. It's one of the times that I can be contemplative and just let my mind wander and really be at peace. So yesterday I was listening to 103.7 The Mountain and they were playing some artists I haven't listened to in a while but really love. Every Sunday they do something they call Sunday brunch from 8-12 in the morning. I specifically tuned in because they were showcasing Bruce Cockburn who is probably one of my all time favorite artists. He's coming into town at the end of April and I really want to go see him. It's one of my life long goals to see him perform and I entered to win tickets but I might probably buy tickets anyway because I'm so keen on it. Probably my favorite song by him is "Pacing the Cage" but everything by him is fantastic I don't think he has a single song I don't like.

Two more songs that really caught my attention while I was running errands were Alexi Murdoch's Orange Sky and Brett Dennen's She's Mine. I finally broke down and bought Alexi Murdoch's album which I have been contemplating since it came out but I wasn't sold on it until yesterday. I also love Brett Dennen but ever since someone pointed out to me the androgyny of his voice I've been holding off on buying any of his albums as I'm not totally sold yet though I love his music. I think for me it's that I now listen to his voice instead of the song deciding (yes, even though I know) on if it's being sung by a man or woman and it's distracting to me. I don't know why this puts me off.  Maybe I'll break down this week. :)





No comments: