Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Swamped

My house is a pit. I don't think it's going to get better by the way. I haven't had a lot of time to clean it lately and when I'm at work that's all I want to do lately. I know lame right? I just want to go home and clean my house. The sad part is that a lot of it is Isaac's stuff. Some days I just want to haul it all off to the garbage or give it away but I am good and I don't. I know that it's probably much better than I am making you all imagine it is. Sometimes (all the time) I wish I lived with a(nother) neat freak. I am working at accepting what I cannot change, it's a everyday process.

Anyways, I am addicted to knitting my first sock. I think this is because I want to finish it and see if/how badly I screwed it up. I'm also really enthralled with the colorway. It's called Treehugger and there is this muddy brown section that slowly wends itself back and forth over the sock and I'm interested to see where it goes next. It obviously reminds me a tree root and it's rather ingenious as to how it's moving back and forth. I've tried it on so far and it fits (so far) which I hear is half the battle. I also went shopping last night for an outfit to wear this week to an event that my work is holding. I didn't find anything suitable (the one dress I wanted they didn't have in my size and they couldn't get to it to me in time) but Anthropologie is having an amazing sale on dresses. With the prices the way they were I seriously thought that I was in Target for a moment but the decor set me right. I was able to get two lovely lovely dresses but sadly neither of them will work for my event this week. After a couple more hours of shopping I still didn't turn anything up and I'm tired of shopping now (mainly because my original dress idea was perfect) so I have put together an outfit in my current wardrobe that I think will work.

No comments: