Thursday, August 27, 2009
Good, good, good
So this past weekend I finally got to see Mary. One of my best friends, it just sucks that we normally live so far apart. However the upside to it is that's how I got to see Paris with Mary as my travel buddy. But I digress. She currently lives in Eugene because her husband Matt is in the Air Force and he is has been stationed in South Vietnam for the past year. He gets home on Sept. 1st Horray! Coincidentally that's Isaac's birthday. So when Matt gets home they are moving to their new base in Santa Barbara, CA. Leaving us both with the only way to see each other is by flying. So Mary drove up from Eugene and I drove down from Seattle and we met at Cannon Beach. That's 3 1/2 hrs one way for each of us. (Apparently we both really wanted to see each other) It was great to see her boys Taylor and Aidan and even though they didn't remember me they were very sweet and warmed up immediately. They held my hand walking, Aidan let me assist him to the bathroom so Mary could eat her lunch and they even asked me to chase them around on the beach squealing the whole time. It was amazing fun. Below are a few pics from that day. Mary was unlucky that she had to make the drive back that night, I was super lucky in that I was able to crash at Isaacs grandmas' which is only an hour and a half away from Cannon Beach. I'm so glad we both drove as we probably get to see each other about once every two years.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment