Monday, October 4, 2010

Apple Farm!

So this weekend I picked up Kelly and we went to the Apple Farm. We found some cows along the way and I totally forgot my camera at home but luckily Kelly brought hers so she was able to take a lot of cool pictures. We took a tractor ride of the farm and one of the owners John was really funny. He had this portable sound system that he was having the guy giving the tour use and since Kelly and I were at the very end of the tractor he was the most concerned if we could hear. The funny part was we were trying to tell John that we could hear without the sound system but we weren't getting through to him at first. He finally came up to our cart because we forgot to clip the rope across the entrance (oops) and said if we couldn't hear to throw a rock at the guy giving the tour. I told John I didn't have a rock so he bent down and grabbed a piece of gravel and gave it to me. There were also quite a few really cute little children on the tractor ride. There was one specific girl in the cart in front of us and she kept watching us so we waved and smiled at her which I think just increased her fascination. She was very adventurous and precocious and so much fun to watch. We picked up everything apples and some honey roasted peanut butter.
After the Apple Farm we were on to checking something off Kelly's list which was eating at a Chick-fil-A.
Apparently Kelly has done her research and the one and only Chick-fil-A in Washington State is in Bellingham at Western Washington Univ. Well we were only a few miles away and after being led astray by Google we found the one and only Chick-fil-A in Washington State. So nummy, I haven't had Chick-fil-A in years.
After that our day wound down and we headed home beneath sunny skies. We had such a great day! We clicked immediately and nothing ever felt awkward or out of place. Here's to many more trips in the next few years to come.

No comments: