So Isaac and I went hiking on Sunday at Wilderness Creek. I've been too sore and tired to download my pictures. I will attempt to do so tonight because it's a really nice hike. So Isaac wanted to start out with something easy but since we had plans later in the day we settled on an intermediate hike. I didn't think it would be that difficult I mean it's obviously not listed in the difficult section. That would be mistake number one. The easy one that Isaac wanted to do was twice as far away and I didn't think it would be feasible if we wanted to do everything else that day we had planned. Mistake number two. As easy as the other hike would have been the drive time would have probably made up for how long we took to walk the four miles.
I do also have to mention that Isaac and I both had very sore muscles (my left knee is also sort of bothering me) from working out rather hard during the week. I'm hoping that's what made the hike so hard. It says it's child friendly but I think they're crazy, I wouldn't take a child on this hike unless they were a teenager. It's a four mile hike. you gain 1200 feet in elevation up and lose it all on the way down so it's a pretty steep ascent and descent. In it's favor it was beautiful and the sun was out which was really pretty to see streaming through the trees. There were also some really neat wooden logs as small bridges (I love those).
And today people, I was almost hit by someone who was not paying attention. I was making a protected left hand turn and they just barreled through not even noticing until I honked multiple times so they had to swerve in order to not hit me. Cause god forbid they actually stop and let me go, no apparently when it's my turn I still don't get to go. I feel like that's the story of my life. Not to mention I already have a cracked windshield which I am getting replaced today. Last I checked today is not Monday...
No comments:
Post a Comment