Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Who wants some TB?

So every year I go through this. I am allergic to the skin test for TB that I have to go through every year. At my last job they understood this and told me I was negative. I don't know if my reaction gets worse every year or if it remains the same. Basically the skin test works like this. They inject a little bit of a serum just under the skin and wait two days to see if your skin swells up or not. If your skin swells (a lot) you have TB if it does nothing then you're negative. Well my skin doesn't swell but it looks like a humongous spider bite that itches like crazy. Hence, allergic. Also I have a purple/pink mark the same size on my arm for about two months afterwords and then it finally fades. But now I work some where else. And at first they believed me but then yesterday they came back and said that I actually needed to go get a chest x-ray. Great, just what I need. So I went, got a chest x-ray and well looky there no TB. Oh well at least now I guess I won't have to find out if down the line I'll have an adverse reaction and have my throat close up and die. Yay for TB.

No comments: