So I read something yesterday that really ticked me off. Up until now I just found Sarah Palin funny and maybe a couple fruit loops short of a whole bowl. But now, now I don’t like her. She did an interview on Dr. Dobson’s radio show (this is a Christian radio show) this is not my issue. Nor do I have an issue with her describing herself as a hard core pro-lifer. I don’t even have an issue with her being a very forward evangelical Christian. What I have an issue with is how she talks about her newborn baby son Trig. She said that she was glad that she had him so not only could she talk the talk but now she could walk the walk. My personal view of this statement is that she only had Trig so that she could make an example out of him to show what a good person she is. Who does that!?! Why would a mother be more concerned about showing people that she is following what she says? To me even uttering that statement turns Trig from a little boy into a thing that further promotes herself. I have been told in another interview she said that her and her husband decided to have Trig despite him having downs syndrome. If you’re a true pro-lifer this wouldn’t be an issue right? Because I thought that all pro-lifer’s kept their babies because they believe that they are people from the moment of conception. Silly me.
I don’t know maybe I have my nose out of joint but something about those statements just struck me as wrong. If I had a baby born with a disability I would never talk about how by having the baby I could now show people that I could walk the walk. Rant over.
No comments:
Post a Comment